Open house season has begun! As many real estate agents across the country hosted open houses this past weekend, the open house season is officially in full swing. We have compiled data to determine what homebuyers are really looking for during their 2013 home search.
What is the average homebuyer looking for? On a national level, it is a 2.8 bed, 1.9 bath, 1,730 square foot single family home for….$197,358.
Below is the breakdown of what homebuyers want; do any of your listings fit the bill?
Most desired dwelling:
- 59.0% search for a single family home
- 24.5% search for a condo unit or townhouse
- 17.5% search other (multi-family, duplex, raw land)
Optimal number of bathrooms:
- 70.4% search for a minimum of 2 bathrooms
- 17.5% search for a minimum of 1 bathroom
- 7.6% search for a minimum of 3 bathrooms
- 1.1% search for a minimum of 4 bathrooms or more
Perfect amount of bedrooms:
- 50.4% search for a minimum of 3 bedrooms
- 25.5% search for a minimum of 2 bedrooms
- 16.7% search for a minimum of 4 bedrooms or more
- 7.4% search for minimum of 0-1 bedrooms
Ideal home price:
- Average minimum price is $141,225
- Average maximum price is $253,491
Do you have the perfect listing for these homebuyers? Tweet us at @HomeFinder1