NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES:
- PROMOTION PERIOD: HOMEFINDER.COMSWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on February 20th 2013 at 12:00:01 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on March 28, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM CT (“Promotion Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty United States and District of Columbia who are at the time of awarding the Prize (i) eighteen (18) years of age or older; and (ii) not otherwise ineligible under these Official Rules (“Eligible Entrant”). Entries attempted by anyone other than an Eligible Entrant will be disqualified. Employees of HomeFinder.com, LLC (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies (Tribune Co., Gannett Co., Inc., and McClatchy, Inc.), affiliates (including, without limitation, Classified Ventures, LLC), subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Additional eligibility requirements are outlined below. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER ELIGIBLE ENTRANT; additional entries received will be disqualified. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- TO ENTER:
- i. Registration is free. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. All entries are the property of Sponsor. For purposes of these Official Rules, “receipt” of an entry occurs when the Sponsor’s system receives and records the entry information. Entries may only be made according to the method described herein. Sponsor is not responsible for any change to or error in the mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of any Eligible Entrant or Sponsor that may impact receipt of an invitation or notice regarding the Sweepstakes. Entries will be valid only when completed by an Eligible Entrant in accordance with these Official Rules.
- ii. Two ways to enter:
- Eligible Entrants may go to the HomeFinder.com Real Estate Search mobile app and follow the instructions to enter the Sweepstakes.
- Eligible Entrants may enter at http://go.homefinder.com/newphonesweepstakes.html.
- RECEIPT OF ENTRIES: Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents, are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the telephone lines, Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including (without limitation) infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause which may impact the administration of this Sweepstakes or its integrity, security, or fairness, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, and to award the Prize from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken by Sponsor, if feasible. HomeFinder.com Real Estate Search mobile app may not be available on all devices/platforms or operating systems. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek all legal remedies to the fullest extent of the law.
- RANDOM DRAWING/SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS:
- PRIZE DRAWING: There will be four weekly Prize drawings from all eligible entries received through 10:00 a.m. CT on day of each drawing. The first weekly drawing will be on or about March 8, 2013; the next on or about March 15, 2013; the next on or about March 22, 2013; and the last on or about March 29, 2013. Non-winning entries will be carried over into subsequent weekly drawings. Decisions of the Sponsor on any and all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. Prizes are non-transferable. No prize substitution or cash equivalent allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- WINNERS: Winners must comply with all Sweepstakes requirements in order to be confirmed as a Winner and be awarded a prize. Potential Winners will be notified via email, in person, by phone, or by mail at Sponsor’s discretion and if such potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if Eligible Entrant is found to be ineligible, if potential Winner cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Actual awarding of all prizes is contingent on verification of eligibility and compliance with all rules and requirements. Potential Winner does not become the Winner unless and until notified in writing by Sponsor that Prize has been awarded to him or her and all additional requirements have been fulfilled.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV)/ODDS:
- WEEKLY PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE/ODDS: Four (4) Prizes, one (1) per each weekly Prize drawing. Each weekly Winner will receive one (1) Prepaid Apple gift card with a $499.00 approximate retail value (“ARV”). Activation charges may apply and are the responsibility of winner. The total ARV of all prizes is $1996.00.
- MISC. PRIZE INFORMATION: Prize is not transferrable or redeemable for cash, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received and the number of weekly drawings remaining during the Promotion Period. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value for any featured prize or component that becomes unavailable. Sponsor is not responsible for any gift card activation charges.
- TAXES: All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner may receive a single 1099 tax form for the ARV of the awarded prize, unless otherwise agreed in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- AWARDING OF PRIZES/VERIFICATION OF WINNERS.
- i. The Winner must execute and return within one (1) business day after the first notification attempt, but no later than April 1, 2013, a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, a Publicity Release (individually and collectively, the “Release(s)”), and/or such other documentation as Sponsor shall request to confirm eligibility. A fax transmission of Winner’s Release may be requested and any such fax copy will have the same force and effect as the original document. Each Publicity Release shall grant Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor, in any media now known or hereinafter known (including without limitation use online at www.HomeFinder.com and www.Facebook.com) their name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, except where prohibited. Refusal or failure of Winner to sign the required Releases and/or any other non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in forfeiture of the prize or opportunity to participate in the Prize, and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s discretion. No prize shall be awarded until such time as Sponsor has received the applicable fully-completed Release(s),
- ii. If prize notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or any prize is otherwise unclaimed, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Any portion of a prize not accepted or used will be forfeited. No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of any prize is permitted. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- MOBILE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION: By entering this Sweepstakes via the HomeFinder.com Real Estate Search mobile app, entrants expressly acknowledge and consent to the following:
- i. Most information Sponsor may collect in connection with its mobile app, such as a user’s device and hardware IDs, device type, the request type, carrier, carrier user ID, and the content of a request, does not by itself identify the user, though it may be unique or consist of or contain information that a user considers personal.
- ii. If location-based products and services are used, the user may be sending Sponsor location information. This information may reveal actual location, such as GPS data, or it may not, such as when a partial address is submitted to look at a map of the area. All requests (including submission of entry information) sent through a mobile carrier’s network may cause such carrier to have access to the request. For information regarding a carrier’s treatment of a user’s information, please consult the respective carrier’s privacy policies.
- GENERAL RELEASE: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes and/or participation in any prize agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies (Tribune Co., Gannett Co., Inc., and McClatchy, Inc.), affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, their advertising/promotional agencies, and their respective employees and agents from and against any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages, or losses, including but not limited to personal injury or death, to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the Sweepstakes website, submitting an entry or otherwise participating or attempting to participate in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; or for the awarding, receipt, possession, or use, or misuse of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from any prize-related activity; and/or for any typographical or other error in these rules or the administration of the Sweepstakes. Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the prize after delivery. Winner acknowledges that none of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, employees, officers or agents have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize, if any, are subject to the manufacturers’ terms therefore and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing, offering or announcement of prizes. Headings of sections in these Official Rules are for convenience only and shall have no interpretive effect.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: Unless prohibited by law, as a condition of participation in this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded by this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) this Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, (iii) participation in any prize-related activities; and/or (iv) the determination of the scope of applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and by final and binding dispute resolution under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and further that any dispute resolution proceeding will take place in Chicago, Illinois. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity. interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
- WINNER’S LIST: For names of prize winners send a self-addressed envelope by 4/15/13 to: HOMEFINDER.COM SMARTPHONE SWEEPSTAKES – Winner’s List, HomeFinder.com, 20 N. Wacker, 18th Floor, Chicago, IL 60606. Winner’s list to be available after 4/10/13.
- SPONSOR: HomeFinder.com, LLC, 20 N. Wacker, 18th Floor, Chicago, IL 60606. Apple Inc. and Facebook.com are not affiliated with or a sponsor of this Sweepstakes in any way.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.