HOMEFINDER.COM’S CENTURY 21 BIG GAME SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES:
a. PROMOTION PERIOD: HOMEFINDER.COM’S CENTURY 21 BIG GAME SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on December 11, 2012 at 12:00:01 AM (ET) and ends on January 10, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM (ET) (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by or before the end of the Promotion Period.
b. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty United States and District of Columbia who are at the time of awarding the Prize (i) twenty-one (21) years of age or older; (ii) a managing real estate broker duly licensed or similarly legally permitted to represent buyers and/or sellers in residential real estate sales/purchase transactions; (iii) employed by Century 21 Real Estate LLC or a Century 21-branded brokerage/franchise; and (iv) not otherwise ineligible under these Official Rules (each an “Eligible Entrant”). Entries attempted by anyone other than an Eligible Entrant will be disqualified. Employees of HomeFinder.com, LLC (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies (Tribune Co., Gannett Co., Inc., and McClatchy, Inc.), affiliates (including, without limitation, Classified Ventures, LLC), subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Additional eligibility requirements are outlined below. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER ELIGIBLE ENTRANT; additional entries received will be disqualified.
c. TO ENTER:
i. Registration is free. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. All entries are the property of Sponsor. For purposes of these Official Rules, “receipt” of an entry occurs when the Sponsor’s system records the entry information. Entries may only be made according to the method described herein. Sponsor is not responsible for any change to or error in the mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of any Eligible Entrant or Sponsor that may impact receipt of an invitation or notice regarding the Sweepstakes. Entries will be valid only when completed by an Eligible Entrant in accordance with these Official Rules.
ii. Four ways to enter:
1. Eligible Entrants may contact Sponsor at (888) 536-9889 and speak to a HomeFinder.com customer service representative to enter. Entrants will be asked to provide name, address, and email address (if any), and other contact information; entry is submitted only after provision of such information to a HomeFinder.com customer service representative.
2. Eligible Entrants may contact Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org. A HomeFinder.com customer service representative will then contact the entrant and at that time entrants will be asked to provide name, address, and email address (if any), and other contact information; entry is submitted only after provision of such information to a HomeFinder.com customer service representative.
3. Eligible Entrants may go to http://go.homefinder.com/century21.html and follow the instructions on the promotional website to request additional information and to enter the Sweepstakes. A HomeFinder.com customer service representative will then contact the entrant and at that time entrants will be asked to provide name, address, and email address (if any), and other contact information; entry is submitted only after provision of such information to a HomeFinder.com customer service representative.
4. Eligible Entrants may print their name, address, and email address (if any) on a postcard and mail with proper postage to: “HOMEFINDER.COM’S CENTURY 21 BIG GAME SWEEPSTAKES,” Attn.: Marketing Department, 175 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Mail-in entries must be postmarked between December 11, 2012, and January 10, 2013. All mail-in entries must be received by 5:00:00 p.m. ET on January 12, 2013.
d. RESTRICTIONS: The policies of Century 21 Real Estate LLC and/or the respective Century 21-branded brokerage/franchise employer of each Eligible Entrant must permit employee participation in such promotions; and any potential winning Eligible Entrant must be otherwise eligible under these Official Rules at both the time of entry and at the time of awarding. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. RECEIPT OF ENTRIES: Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents, are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the telephone lines, Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including (without limitation) infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause which may impact the administration of this Sweepstakes or its integrity, security, or fairness, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, and to award the Prize from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken by Sponsor, if feasible. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek all legal remedies to the fullest extent of the law.
3. RANDOM DRAWING/SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS:
a. DRAWING: On or about January 12, 2013, one Grand Prize Winner (“GPW”) will be randomly drawn from among all Eligible Entrants.
b. POTENTIAL WINNERS: GPW must comply with all Sweepstakes requirements in order to be confirmed as a winner and be awarded a prize. Potential GPW will be notified in person, by phone, and/or by mail at Sponsor’s discretion and if such potential GPW cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if Eligible Entrant is found to be ineligible, if potential GPW cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that GPW will be disqualified and an alternate GPW may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Actual awarding of all prizes is contingent on verification of eligibility and compliance with all rules and requirements. Potential GPW does not become the GPW unless and until notified in writing by Sponsor that Prize has been awarded to him or her and all additional requirements have been fulfilled.
4. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV)/ODDS:
a. GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize is two (2) tickets to the professional football championship game on February 3, 2013 in New Orleans, LA. The Grand Prize does NOT include: airfare, transportation, hotel accommodations, spending money, gratuities, service charges, any meals or refreshments, or any other expenses or items not specifically described as part of the Grand Prize in these rules. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4800.00.
b. MISC. PRIZE INFORMATION: Prize is not transferrable or redeemable for cash, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value for any featured prize or component that becomes unavailable.
c. TAXES: All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the GPW. GPW will receive a single 1099 tax form for the ARV of the awarded prize, unless otherwise agreed in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. AWARDING OF PRIZES/VERIFICATION OF WINNERS.
i. The GPW must execute and return within five (5) business days after the first notification attempt, but no later than January 18, 2013, a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, a Publicity Release (individually and collectively, the “Release(s)”), and such other documentation as Sponsor shall request to confirm eligibility. A fax transmission of GPW’s Release may be requested and any such fax copy will have the same force and effect as the original document. Each Publicity Release shall grant Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor, in any media now known or hereinafter known (including without limitation use online at www.HomeFinder.com) their name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, except where prohibited. Refusal or failure of GPW to sign the required Releases and/or any other non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in forfeiture of the prize or opportunity to participate in the prize, and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s discretion.
ii. No prize shall be awarded until such time as Sponsor has received the applicable fully-completed Release(s), but in no event shall any prize be awarded prior to January 18, 2013.
iii. If prize notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or any prize is otherwise unclaimed, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Any portion of a prize not accepted or used will be forfeited. No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of any prize is permitted. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges, which are final and binding in all respects.
b. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR GRAND PRIZE WINNER: GPW is entirely responsible for purchasing and arranging for all transportation, meals, spending money and accommodations.
6. GENERAL RELEASE: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes and/or participation in any prize agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies (Tribune Co., Gannett Co., Inc., and McClatchy, Inc.), affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, their advertising/promotional agencies, and their respective employees and agents from and against any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages, or losses, including but not limited to personal injury or death, to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the Sweepstakes website, submitting an entry or otherwise participating or attempting to participate in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; or for the awarding, receipt, possession, or use, or misuse of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from any prize-related activity; and/or for any typographical or other error in these rules or the administration of the Sweepstakes. Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the prize after delivery. Winner acknowledges that none of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, employees, officers or agents have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize, if any, are subject to the manufacturers’ terms therefore and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing, offering or announcement of prizes. Headings of sections in these Official Rules are for convenience only and shall have no interpretive effect.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: Unless prohibited by law, as a condition of participation in this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded by this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) this Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, (iii) participation in any prize-related activities; and/or (iv) the determination of the scope of applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and by final and binding dispute resolution under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and further that any dispute resolution proceeding will take place in Chicago, Illinois. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity. interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For names of prize winners send a self-addressed envelope by 2/10/13 to: HOMEFINDER.COM’S CENTURY 21 BIG GAME SWEEPSTAKES – Winner’s List, HomeFinder.com, 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Winner’s list to be available after 2/5/13.
10. SPONSOR: HomeFinder.com, LLC, 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. No purchase or attendance at a sales presentation is necessary to participate. Century 21 Real Estate LLC and its Century 21-branded brokerages/franchises are not affiliated with or a sponsor of this Sweepstakes in any way.