This November, HomeFinder.com is grateful for real estate agents and brokers, homebuyers and sellers and industry colleagues. 2012 has given the real estate industry as a whole much to be grateful for. According to NAR, existing home sales continued to improve in 2012 and in August 2012, the national median price rose year over year for the sixth straight month; Freddie Mac reports 30-year fixed mortgage rates remain near all time record lows; and homebuyers have more access to home listings thanks to the mobile app home search evolution.
We are grateful for all that agents do to better their communities. Real estate agents do more than just sell homes; they are a fundamental part of their neighborhoods. They are the heart of the local market, have a pulse on the school districts, and work hard to support local causes. To show our gratitude towards real estate agents’ industry and community dedication, we kicked off the HomeFinder.com 30 Days of Gratitude Contest. We asked real estate agents to share what they’re grateful for about their real estate business and the winning entrant will be awarded $500 ($250 debit card and a $250 donating to the winner’s charity of choice). Stay tuned as we announce the winner on or around December 5, 2012.
To further show our gratitude for the real estate industry, we wrote a series of educational articles on how you can give back during the home selling and buying process, how to best manage your commissions, why the end of the year is a great time to buy, and more:
- 30 Days of Gratitude: The Top 30 Things HomeFinder.com is Grateful For; 30 Days of Gratitude Thanksgiving Playlist
- Sell Your Home and Help Someone in Need
- Giving Back to Military Homebuyers
- Six Top Ways for Real Estate Agents to Budget Commission-Based Income
- HomeFinder.com Favorite Holiday Recipes: From Our House to Yours
- Why Buying at the End of 2012 May Be Your Best Investment Yet
- Top Safety Hazards to Avoid This Holiday Season
You can learn more about the HomeFinder.com 30 Days of Gratitude Contest, by reading where the contest appeared in industry media outlets:
- PAR Just Listed: HomeFinder.com Launches Gratitude Contest for Realtors(R)
- Chicagoland Real Estate Forum: HomeFinder.com Launches 30 Days of Gratitude Contest
- Property Portal Watch: HomeFinder Launches ’30 Days of Gratitude’
- RE Technology: HomeFinder.com Launches 30 Days of Gratitude Contest for Real Estate Agents This Holiday Season
- RIS Media: HomeFinder.com Launches 30 Days of Gratitude Contest for Real Estate Agents This Holiday Season
There’s no place like home for the holidays, so visit us next month when we share how to best manage home marketing, selling and buying during the hectic holiday season!